Terms and Conditions
- Introduction and Acceptance
Welcome to Chams PLC website. Chams PLC is Nigeria’s leading provider of integrated identity management, payments transactional systems and solutions provider.
This document is a legally binding agreement between you as the user(s) of the Sites (referred to as “you”, “your” or “User” hereinafter) and the Chams PLC entity listed in clause below (referred to as “we”, “our” or “Chams plc” hereinafter).
- General Use of the Website
- You agree to use the Website only for purposes that are permitted by (a) this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy, and (b) any Applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software).
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) Website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Chams PLC. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any part of Chams PLC Website through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers).
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts Chams PLC website (or the servers and networks which are connected to such Website).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, modify, sell, trade, or resell Chams PLC Website, or any portion, feature, or content thereof, for any purpose.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Chams PLC has no responsibility to you or to any third-party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions of Use and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Chams PLC may suffer) of any such breach.
- You must be 18 years or older to use Chams PLC website unsupervised. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use such Website in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to Chams PLC website, with or without notice.
- You agree that any task requested outside the platform is at your own risk.
- Ownership, Copyright and Trademark
All content included on Chams PLC Website, such as trademarks, service marks, trade names, text, graphics, logos, icons, button icons, images, data compilations, domain names, and software, is the property of Chams PLC or its content suppliers or used with permission.
The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Chams PLC and are protected by Nigerian and International copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Chams PLC and are protected by Nigerian and International copyright laws. Nothing on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to such content or software.
We may terminate or suspend access to our service immediately without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, you agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
- Links and Third-Party Websites
We may include links to third party websites at any time. However, the existence of a link to another website should not be consider as an affiliation or a partnership with a third party or viewed as an endorsement of a particular website unless explicitly stated otherwise.
In the event the user follows a link to another website, he or she does so at his or her own risk. We accept no responsibility for any content, including, but not limited to, information, products and services, available on third party websites.
Creating a link to this website is strictly forbidden without our prior written consent. Furthermore, we reserve the right to revoke our consent without notice or justification.
- Data Protection
If any portion of these terms or conditions is held by any court or tribunal to be invalid or unenforceable, either in whole or in part, then that part shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions of Use and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other section listed in this document.
- Miscellaneous Provisions
You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Assigning or sub-contracting any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party is prohibited unless agreed upon in writing by the seller.
We reserve the right to transfer, assign or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party.
- Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Subject to the Arbitration section below, each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Nigeria and to waive any objections based upon venue.
Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions be referred to and finally settled by private and confidential binding arbitration before a single arbitrator held in Nigeria in English and governed by Nigeria law pursuant to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act Cap A18 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, as amended, replaced or re-enacted from time to time.
The arbitrator shall be a person who is legally trained and who has experience in the information technology field in Nigeria and is independent of either party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Site reserves the right to pursue the protection of intellectual property rights and confidential information through injunctive or other equitable relief through the courts.
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING TERMS OF SERVICE AND GENERAL GUIDELINES THAT MY USE OF THE SERVICE IS AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MY AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PLATFORM.
Chams PLC recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users on www.chamsplc.com. This statement is meant to affirm our utmost respect for your rights to privacy.
The User acknowledges that Chams PLC may verify their identity information through publicly and/or restricted government databases in order to comply with regulatory requirements.
The User accepts that Chams PLC shall not be liable for any loss, claim, action, expense; damage or injury suffered or sustained by the User whatsoever and howsoever pursuant to entering into this Agreement or as a result of the User’s negligence with his/her information.
You acknowledge that by your use of the Website, we shall be privy to and store some of your personal information (full name, mobile phone number and email address) where applicable.
We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that your personal information is secure on our systems.
Chams PLC’ employees who handle any personal information are under an obligation to treat it confidentially and may not disclose it to unauthorised third parties.
If we need the User’s information for any other reason such as marketing, we will expressly ask or provide the User with an option to decline.
After the User has given His/her consent, He or She may for any reason change their mind; they are allowed to withdraw their consent for the use of their information.
We may use your personal information for:
- providing you the service, processing transactions and sending you related information;
- providing, maintaining and improving our services;
- sending support and administrative messages to you;
- responding to your enquiries and requests;
- providing customer service;
- updating you on products, services, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and third parties; and
- a better understanding of your needs by combining it with information collected from others with the objective of improving on our service delivery.
We may disclose any information we collect about you to third parties as set forth below:
- to regulatory bodies;
- to financial institutions;
- to companies, such as email service providers that perform marketing services on our behalf;
- to third parties to enable us provide Service to you; and
- if required to be disclosed under applicable law, or stock exchange regulation or by a government order, decree, regulation or rule or by a court order.
You hereby consent to the processing and transfer of your information during and after the use of the Platform.